This information is related with CAN communication used for power management functions in DEIF’s multi-line units (option G4 and G5).
- CAN bus communication Connection Maximum distance is 300 meter .
- CAN bus termination resistor: The size of the terminating resistors should be 120Ω 1%, 0.5W resistors .
- For distances above 300 meters we recommend to use a CAN to fiber-optic converter.
- Do not connect the cable shield to the GND terminal of the ML-2 units.
- We recommend a cable like a Belden 3105A or UNITRONIC® BUS CAN with a 120Ω impedance